The thought of driving on the motorway can daunt many drivers, regardless of driving experience. Motorway driving lessons can be a sensible natural progression for many people after passing their driving test, even if they have ventured onto the motorway with their approved driving instructor during their driving lessons.
Motorway driving requires a much more planned and proactive driving style. These lessons aim to develop both your knowledge around the legal considerations associated with driving on the motorway, and your skills around being a safe, confident and courteous motorway driver.
The areas covered by these lessons are:
- journey planning
- joining and leaving a motorway, and using slip roads
- safe speeds in different circumstances
- effective observation
- signs, signals and markings
- overtaking and lane discipline
- courtesy to other road users
- motorway fatigue
- breakdown procedures
- use of lights, including hazard warning lights
- debris on the carriageway
Click here to get in touch or to book your driving lessons with us today!