Learning to drive requires commitment and dedication from both you and your instructor and it’s important to remember that we all learn at different rates, so it may take you longer or not as long as other people you know who have learnt to drive.
Here’s some stuff we need you to know about your driving lessons. Please read carefully and talk through anything that you don’t understand with your instructor.
Paying for your lessons
We’ll let you know up front how much your lessons are going to cost and you’ll need to pay your instructor at the start of each lesson. We have various offers and payment options which are available for you on our website at www.thisisdriving.co.uk. If we increase our standard lesson prices or any of our offers that you are taking advantage of we will give you at least 4 weeks notice. If you change the length of your lessons, then the price will change accordingly.
Arrange your lessons with your instructor and try to give good notice of the dates and times you would like to drive. If you do need to rearrange a lesson, please give your instructor as much notice as possible otherwise you may still have to pay for the lesson.
You must give 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a lesson. Should you cancel a lesson with less than 24 hours notice then the full lesson fee will still be payable. Your instructor will be happy to talk this through with you.
Pick-up and finish locations
Discuss where you want your lessons to start and end with your instructor. We’re usually pretty accommodating and with good notice can arrange pick-up and finish locations to suit you.
Your instructor will let you know when you’re ready to book your test. It’s important that you agree dates and times for your driving test with your instructor before booking any test to ensure your best chance of passing and for us to arrange the car to be available for you.
Use of the car
We’ll provide you with the car you learnt in to take your test. However please note that your instructor reserves the absolute right to refuse at any time the use of the car (for test or a lesson) if:
- Your driving is considered dangerous or unsafe to either yourself or other road users.
- Your driving is considered below the standard required for taking the test, or it is considered not likely to reach the required standard in the time available.
- You appear unwell or to have been affected by the influence of alcohol, drugs (taken for medical or recreational purpose) or for any other reason.
- Lesson or test fees remain unpaid.
Lesson and test cancellations
Bookings are accepted only on the understanding that your instructor and/or ‘This is Driving’ will not be liable for any costs, expenses, claims or losses caused or incurred following our refusal or inability to provide a car or instructor for a lesson or test that has not be agreed in advance with an instructor, or from a cancellation of any lesson or test for reasons that are outside of our direct control.
This is Driving Gift Card
- Payment for This is Driving Gift Cards must be made in full for the lessons pre-purchased.
- Lessons can not be paid for on a Gift Card at the “Pay Ahead” rate.
- Gift Cards are non transferrable and can only been redeemed by the person named as the recipient of the Gift Card at the time of purchase.
- This is Driving is committed to providing fully the number of lessons paid for on the Gift Card.
- Should the recipient of the Gift Card fail to complete the full number of lessons purchased upon a Gift Card, no refund will be given and the value of lessons not completed will be lost.
- A Gift Card is ‘Redeemed’ at the point that the ‘Voucher Number’ is submitted to us when booking the first driving lesson.
- Gift Cards are valid for redemption for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Any Gift Cards not redeemed within 12 months from the date of issue, will become invalid and the full paid balance will be lost.
- All pre-paid Gift Card lessons must be taken within 12 months from the date the Gift Card is redeemed.